Packing Like A Pro For Your Honeymoon: Nine Stress-Busting Tips
Now onto the topic for the day; packing for your honeymoon. Packing used to make me crazy. I would pack too much and then once I was done, I would fear that I had left something important behind. Once I started traveling for work, I had to make the packing process more organized and far less stressful. Here are my tips for perfect packing:
- Two weeks prior to the wedding, take all dry cleaning to the cleaners to make sure it is ready on time.
- Check your wardrobe and toiletries to see if you are missing anything. Purchase any items you find that you need. I suggest taking pain relievers, anti-diarrheal medication, band-aids, sea sick medication (for cruisers), and antacids; and if you are traveling to the sunshine, don’t forget suntan lotion and Solarcane in case of overexposure.
- Make a list of the things you want to take with you. Don’t forget to list any documents like your passport, cruise tickets, confirmation numbers and directions.
- Check for packing information and restrictions.
- Confirm the weather at your destination and pack accordingly. There is nothing more miserable than being too warm or too cold while trying to enjoy a vacation.
- Find a space in your home where you can gather items you want to pack. It is easier to pack if you separate your vacation clothing from the clothes you wear every day. It will also help you avoid having to do extra loads of laundry prior to the wedding.
- Roll your clothes rather than fold them. You will have much fewer wrinkles.
- Pack a carry-on bag with the essentials for one night. If by chance your luggage gets lost, you will have ample clothing so you don’t waste the first day of your honeymoon looking for clothes. Your carry-on bag is also where you should keep your travel documents. Keep them handy in an outside pocket.
- Take your packing list with you. If your luggage disappears, you will have an easier time finding replacements.